Wednesday, October 03, 2007

We can divide sports into- for Example ball games: baseball, basketball, bowling, cricket, handball, hockey, football (soccer in U.S.A.), tennis , …. Then we can mention water sports: swimming, sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing, canoeing , … and you can‘t forgot winter sports: ice-skating, skiing, snowboarding, ski-jump and so on.
Ball games are popular all around the world. Millions of people like to attend matches, they like watching sports on TV, they are funs and cross their fingers for their favourite team . But sometimes the funs are aggressive and they make many problems. We call them as rowdies. I think it isn’t good for sports.
There are many important sport events. We can mention - the Olympic Games: they are held every 4years, they have their summer and winter parts which change once every two years. Some other important sport events are for Example: the World or European Championships and Cups various sports.
I think, each of us can be a sportsman. People like it. It is great relaxation and it is good for health. I like sport too. I do aerobic, dancing, play volleyball or tennis and the other sports. In winter I go to the Jeseníky mountains and there I am going skiing, snowboarding or cross-country skiing. I play tennis once a week and I do aerobic three times a week. If I have a time, I can do sport several times a week.
The rules of tennis : There are one or two players on each side. You use a racquet to hit a ball over a net. You need two rackets and tennis balls. You must take a lease of court. I think tennis is a little expensive.
Typical sports for the Czech Republic are football, ice hockey and tennis. For the U.S.A. we can mention rugby, baseball and ice-hockey, in Canada the people play ice-hockey and ice skiing is typical for this country. In Great Britain there are very popular tennis (Wimbledon), football and golf or horse-race steeplechase.
At school we have physical education (PE) lessons twice times a week. When the weather is good, students can go out and they can play football, softball or practice athletics. During the winter we go to a sports hall. I think, P.E. is for us.